Accept bills, coins, credit/debit cards. When using currency please keep in mind that you must use exact change. Parking receipt will reflect the dollar amount deposited. Place your receipt face up to visibly display it on your dashboard. Metered parking is $1.00 per hour.
Pay by Cell:
If you don't have any bills or coins, no problem! Park Mobile is a feature that lets you pay over the phone with your credit card. It's available at all paid parking locations.
- Look for the green park mobile sticker on the meter.
- Dial (877) 727-5714, listed on the sticker.
- Register your license plate.
- Enter the four digit zone number listed on the sticker.
- Activate parking.
- When you return to your vehicle, call the number listed on the sticker and it will deactivate your parking.
Remember DO NOT park in the following areas...
- Where official signs prohibit parking.
- On sidewalks.
- Within thirty (30) feet of an intersection not otherwise designated for parking.
- Within ten (10) feet of any beach access, driveway and entrance or exit to any parking lot.
- On private property without consent of the owner.
- Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant.
- All non-metered spaces along Ocean Blvd.
Rented or Commercial Golf Cart Parking:
In all metered and pay to park areas, operators must pay applicable fees. In beach access areas that are unmetered and are not labeled "Pay to Park," golf carts may park free of charge, if there is available space.
These areas are located at the following beach accesses:
1st Ave N., 2nd Ave N., 4th Ave N., 8th Ave N., 9th Ave N., 12th Ave N., 14th Ave N., 15th Ave N., 16th Ave N., 2nd Ave S., 7th Ave S., 8th Ave S., 9th Ave S., 10th Ave S., 11th Ave S., 12th Ave S.
To both ensure the safety of our residents and visitors and preserve the unique quality of life that gives our Town its charm, the Town asks all beachgoers to abide by the following rules:
- Vehicles: No motor vehicles, other than those used by lifeguards, police, or other Town personnel, are permitted to operate on the beach at any time.
- Animals: Dogs or other domestic pets are not permitted on the public beach during the period between May 15 and September 15.
- Horses and other large animals are not allowed on the beach.
For complete beach regulationa and safety information, please see the beaches page on the town of Surfside Beach web site.
Swimming, Surfing and Safety
Lifeguards, deputies, and other Town officials supervise and regulate surf fishing, swimming, and other activities on the Town's beach.
- To report lost children please contact the Surfside Beach Police Department at (843) 913-6368.
- Fireworks are not permitted on the public beach.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
- Lifeguard instructions are to be obeyed AT ALL TIMES.
- Swimmers are to venture into the water no deeper than chest-deep and no further than 50 yards from the shoreline.
- Surfing is prohibited within 300 feet of the fishing pier.
- Summer Season Surfing - During the period between May 15 and September 15, surfing is permitted only in designated areas between10:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Off- Season Surfing - Between the periods of September 15 and May 15, surfing is allowed anywhere along the beach from sunup to sundown, except areas within 300 hundred feet of the fishing pier.
- Surfers are required to wear surfing leashes at all times.
- Umbrellas, tents, etc. must be placed 10' to the rear of guard stands.
Lifeguard Stations can be found at the following locations:
- Holiday Inn at 16th Ave. North
- 12th Ave. North
- 6th Ave. North
- 3rd Ave. North
- 1st Ave. North
- Days Inn at Pier
- 4th Ave. South
- 7th Ave. South
- 10th Ave. South
- 13th Ave. South